Bank Zachodni WBK Foundation
The Stefan Bryła Foundation of Bank Zachodni WBK has been contributing to the development of young people in Poland for 20 years. We appreciate the great potential which emerges from their willingness to learn new things and to be active and their continuous search for role models. We focus on young people and we are positive it is a worthwhile investment.
Mission statement of BZ WBK Foundation
Thinking of the future of our country, we invest in young, ambitious and responsible people. We promote the right social attitudes, encourage activity and create opportunities.
Vision of the BZ WBK Foundation
We are aware of the fact that the building of a civil society is a long-term process which requires a joint effort of many entities. We want to be part of that process by providing extensive support to the young generation.
How do we want to achieve our mission and vision?
- We encourage participation in activities for the common good, exercising civil rights in a conscious way and facing the challenges of the 21st century.
- We create opportunities for ambitious and responsible people and create local leaders.
- We launch projects which help young people develop their passions and interests.
- We promote young people’s creativity and entrepreneurship and support projects which require imagination and courage to implement.
- We increase the level of economic knowledge of the younger generation.
|Bank of Children’s Smiles 2016||PLN 589,830donated to finance the programme execution||140 organisations received support|
|Bank of Ambitious Youth||PLN 831,444 donated to finance the programme execution||87 organisations received support|
Bank of Children’s Smiles
A micro-grant programme for institutions and social organisations working with children from disadvantaged or dysfunctional families. The projects supported by the Foundation teach children social sensitivity, civic engagement, responsibility for oneself, other people and our country and promote positive role models.
Bank of Ambitious Youth
A grant programme for educational institutions and youth organisations which work with ambitious, creative and responsible young people. The Foundation supports initiatives implemented in three basic thematic areas: development and education, economic, social and civic activity, culture, history and national heritage.
The plans of the Foundation of Bank Zachodni WBK for 2017 /2018 provide for the development of its activities in three main directions, including the two flagship grant projects implemented by the bank – The Bank of Ambitious Youth and The Bank of Children’s Smiles and a new project related to the promotion of sports activity among children and teenagers called The Bank of Young Sports Champions. In 2017, we are also planning to carry out the third edition of the Here I live, Here I Change programme, the purpose of which is to release and utilise the social potential of the members of local non-governmental organisations and public institutions engaged in cultural, educational, charity and social activities in local communities. Another dimension of our activities covers the Foundation’s own programmes and programmes executed in partnership with other organisations. The Foundation will continue such projects as the ”Two Ends of the Net” implemented jointly with the Regional Police Headquarters in Poznań. The Foundation and the volunteers from Bank Zachodni WBK will take part in the Bakcyl programme coordinated by the Warsaw Banking Institute for which we received a distinction from the Institute in 2016. Another pillar of our CSR activities is the employee volunteering programme. We want to extend the support offered to our employees who engage in volunteer initiatives by subsidising the most interesting projects. As we have done every year, we will select the volunteering project of the year in a vote of all bank’s employees. We are also planning to implement next year a system which will support the volunteers and their activities. Our new system will also support the organisations which are willing to work together with our volunteers. We want to promote the idea of volunteering both on local markets and in the form of centralised activities.
Foundation’s plans for 2017 /2018
The Foundation of Bank Zachodni WBK is planning to develop its activities in three main areas:
- Grant programmes: The Bank of Ambitious Youth, The Bank of Children’s Smiles and a new initiative related to the promotion of sports among children and young people called The Bank of Young Sports Champions. In 2017, we are planning to launch the next edition of the Here I Live, Here I Change programme.
- Foundation’s own programmes and programmes implemented in partnership with other organisations. For instance, we will continue the ”Two Ends of the Net” programme in cooperation with the Regional Police Headquarters in Poznań.
- Employee volunteering – implementation of a system supporting volunteers’ activities. Our new system will also provide support to organisations which work with us and with our volunteers.
To learn more about the Foundation’s projects click HERE. opens in new tab